December 13, 2006

Christmas Cheer!!!




Greetings to you this day! A few more pictures of the Christmas corners in my home. A little lighted village on top of our desk which DS#2 helped me arrange..a welcoming vignette in the garden window in the kitchen..my daughter painted the little snowman, the antique milk canister is used for a silk floral arrangement all year-round, added the silk holly, added a festive ribbon and some of my Christmas books, and its done. Its so nice to have the candle lit as I'm doing the dishes and puttering in the kitchen!
The next picture is the foyer area...very simple and some minor changes...berry garland, velvet runner, a piece of antique lace, a painted gold deer with silk cording wrapped around its neck, pictures of loved ones that were already there and added candles to the mix. I have things that I didn't put out this year. i wanted to keep the decorating simple and elegant, not overly cluttered.
Have lots to do today in preparation of the family party on Saturday. Some cleaning to be done in the dining room..nothing extreme but straightening up. Laundry needs finishing up as well..never ending it seems sometime!!
All is well here at my homestead...just enjoying the deliciously mild days and cold nights. The Christmas season is my favorite time of year...the sights and sounds of the season. I listen to the holiday music every chance I get...put on a CD and listen as I'm working in the house going about my day...and open the windows and allow the invigorating cool breezes to sweep into the house and freshen it up...its quiet this morning, DS#2 is still in bed, DD is at work as is hubby, and I'm relishing my morning with a cup of coffee some toast and yogurt...quite good this morning!
I wish you a day filled with comforts of the Christmas season! Blessings to you and yours....

9 comments:

Becky said...

I have discovered your blog just today, and I have been enjoying reading your posts.

Scrolling down through, reading through past messages, I can feel the peace, just as your title says.

May the Lord continue to bless you and your family and your home, and I look forward to more visits with you in the days to come.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Mindy dear,
Your home looks as comforting and peaceful as your posts do! Blessings to you dear sister in the Lord!

Kelli said...

Mindy, your home is lovely. Your entryway mirror is gorgeous with the berry garland. I'm glad I came to visit you tonight. I was just starting to feel the beginnings of that overwhelmed feeling but now I feel peaceful and ready to tackle my to-do list for tomorrow calmly. Thank you for the wonderful post!
Kelli

Kelley said...

What beautiful pictures!
Thank you for sharing them!
Wishing you a blessed day!

homespun living said...

Everything looks beautiful ~ I love your simple decorating. Wishing you much joy this Christmas season!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

As wierdbunny once said, "I'm so nosy"...a treat getting a thumbnail visit in to all of these wonderful homes...
cityfarmer

MidnightMom said...

Love these pics of your Christmas decorations! And I love this time of year too--although I usually can't open my windows...I DO enjoy the music as I go about my day. :) Thanks so much for visiting my xanga last week...keep in touch! Blessings, Tea

MidnightMom said...

OOPS--forgot to mention, my xanga blog you visited is "simplicitea"...I was signed in with my blogger account! ~Tea

DonnaB said...

I love reading your descriptions of your days. Blessings to you!