November 21, 2007

simple things...


Good morning!!

Today brings about the fluffing up of the nest just a little. Lighting some candles as I go about to get the tasks done on my list. The weather is getting quite chilly at night, so its time to pull out the flannel sheets! I love them...they are so comfy and cozy. They feel wonderful on a cold night. I have 2 sets of them, one set is a Christmas red and the other is Scottish plaid! Today the Christmas red set goes on!!

The throws that I have are all being laundered and folded to be used as needed. The pillows fluffed up, Christmas books set out to peruse through and capture some ideas from. Wonderful smells of cinnamon and cloves gently simmering on the back of the stove bringing such a heartwarming fragrance to the house. These are my favorite moments...simplicity at its finest, to create an atmosphere of comfort and warmth within my home.

I have been re-reading the book" A Woman's' Christmas", published by Victoria magazine. It it full of simple pleasures for the Christmas season and perhaps I can bring a few of these ideas to you here!

Have a lovely day as you ready your hearth and home for family and friends for your Thanksgiving celebration! Blessings....xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

Flannel sheets are too hot for my husband, so I wear pretty flannel nightgowns to compensate. I agree--nothing cozier!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Have a most blessed Thanksgiving, Mindy!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Mindy!
Blessings to you! Claudia O.