June 28, 2007

Thursday at Home~




I have enjoyed a day filled with fellowship and prayer with some of the ladies from our church prayer group! We had brunch at a local restaurant with plenty of conversation and encouragement!

On the way home I thought of all the things that are needing t0o be done around the house today....and decided that I would get to the most pressing things and the rest would be taken care of in order of priority tomorrow. I will be cleaning out the desk and re-organizing after purging paperwork and files. Replenish the paper, post-it-notes, paperclips and supplies as needed and this task will be done.

Dear Daughter Amie will be making dinner tonight....Lasagna, Tossed Salad, and Garlic Bread! It is 94 degrees outside, and I'm not relishing the thought of the oven being on.... but oh so thankful that she has offered to make dinner....Thank you Amie girl!!!

I have been cleaning and purging through the living room this week. We purchased a new bookcase and while I didn't think that it was going to look right, or be too big, it actually grounds the room and provides some much needed storage space for most of the books! I arranged things artfully and quite pleased with the results!!! Thanks to the Lord!! I rearranged and deleted some of the accessories as well, and took some pictures to share with you. Our dear cat Koo was posing on top of the table getting his afternoon sun!!

The wreath upon the front door has changed some....I took the Spring flower picks out of it and replaced it with some happy Sunflowers! Looks so Summery!

With the 4th July quickly approaching, what plans do you have? Any Family traditions to celebrate our Nations' Independence?

Pour yourself a tall glass of iced tea, settle yourself into your favorite chair, light a candle, and savor the eventide!!!

Blessings to you and your house!

" Ah! memories of sweet summer eves, Of moonlit wave and willowy way, Of stars and flowers and dewy leaves, And smiles and tones more dear than they!"

~John Greenleaf Whitter~

5 comments:

Debra from Bungalow said...

I came across your blog today & enjoyed reading your post. It is so nice of your daughter to be making you dinner.

So many things to do , sometimes we need to just relax & appreciate what we have.

I'll be back to visit often.

DebraK

Kelley said...

Hi Mindy!
Just wanted to come by and say hi and thank you for being such a blessing and encouragement and inspiration to me!
Have a blessed weekend!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Mindy, Hope you are having a blessed weekend! We are enjoying fine weather here in the midwest. but certainly would not complain if it rained!

DonnaB said...

I will confess that there is tradition of a sparkler dance performed by me! :-)

Hope you have a wonderful time with your family on the upcoming holiday.

Loved your photos...you have many lovely vignettes in your home.

HsKubes said...

I love the arrangement of your books and things. I enlarged the photos to see some of the books... oooh... you have some lovely ones!

~ Christina