November 12, 2006

Autumn Blessings~


Its such a lovely fall afternoon! I smell the scent of wood burning in the woodstove we have on the back patio. Hubby has been busy splitting lots and cutting branches up for kindling. I've made a pot of coffee and just resting after worship service this morning. Church was wonderful, as always, I've met the dearest people since becoming a member. God has blessed me indeed! Dear son is at work and dear daughter is working on homework. I will be tidying up the master bedroom and going through my closet and taking a good look at what I have and create some outfits. The weather continues to be cool and we are enjoying it so much. It is very invigorating when the temperatures become seasonal instead of seeming more like summer! As I look to my home and hearth today I'm reflecting upon the many blessings in my life: My relationship with the Lord Jesus, my Family, dear friends, my health.... this is abundance in every sense of the word. I'm satisfied and content with what I've been blessed with, not thinking I have to strive for more and more. What are you thankful for today? And more importantly...how can we be a blessing to those around us? Happy Sunday to you and blessings always!!!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Sunday to you too, Mindy! Thank you for sharing your lovely day with us. I always feel peaceful when I visit you here.
Kelli

Anonymous said...

I love that wood smokey smell, it makes life feel so cosy and wintery!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I love going thru my closet and weeding out what was not worn in the last year. Everything goes in a bag for Goodwill...making room for some new finds..retail and thrifting!
I am ever so thankful for my husband...who is learning to love me as Christ loved the church! I don't think it is a hard job, as I think I am quite "love-able"! (but...he sees the real Cyn...not the blogger Cyn!!!)

Susan P. said...

Ah, contentment is one of the greatest blessings we can have! You have such an encouraging and uplifting blog, Mindy, and I feel truly blessed every time I visit. Thank you:)

DonnaB said...

Sounds delightful. I like how you worded it "how can we be a blessing to those around us?" I'll try and remember this each morning when I wake up.