June 26, 2006

Monday musings~


Its quite the muggy day today. Last night we actually slept with the Air conditioner on...it would click on and off, but we haven't had to do this since last summer. The temperature right now underneath our patio is 84, but it feel like 95 with the heat index, whew hot and sticky!!!
What i've accomplished thus far this morning is: stripped the bed, started the laundry, and fixed some breakfast. Its a slow start for me today, but I have no doubt that the weekly home blessing will be achieved along with the laundry. Dear son will be mowing and edging the lawns today, and this evening I will cut back some more overgrowth of bushes and branches. As I look out the window I can see some plump Nectarines, they look some good but not quite ready to pick yet. The Apricots are still green but it won't be long till its time to pick those either!
I must update my favorite blogs, as i've found some that have inspired me greatly. In decorating, housekeeping, family, recipes, and Faith-filled messages of encouragment!
Well its times to get moving and get this little homestead of ours shaped up! Wishing you a lovely day in the Lord...blessings!

6 comments:

Peggy said...

have a wonderful week and stay cool

DonnaB said...

I'm sorry it's so muggy there. Usually I'm suffering right along with you but we are having an unusual cool day today. I'll be enjoying it while it lasts.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it's winter here! I don't miss the heat at all - and there is always the fire if it gets too cold :)

Glad you had such a lovely weekend, and I hope the rest of your week is just as delightful...

much love xxx

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

My Monday Memory is up Late today. We were gone for the weekend and I was tired this morning...Nice to hear that you have had a great MOnday.....

Puss-in-Boots said...

Mindy, thank you for coming to visit. Ah, I envy you, I love the hot weather and wish I could hibernate in the winter. Some of my workmates think I'm slightly loopy, but you get that.

Anyway, I shall come and visit again.

Keep well.

:-)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I could only wish for fruit trees such as you can grow there!! But I do have my 5 dwarf apple trees, and my veggie garden is coming along quite nicely. We won't be seeing the fruit of my labors for several weeks yet, as it is much cooler here. But...our heirloom tomatoes will be worth the wait! Yummy...with a little chunk of goats cheese, a smear of fresh basil pesto, some sea salt and fresh ground pepper, and quite possible, a dribble of aged balsamic. The color combination is worth putting it all together!!!
Blessings to you.