March 07, 2006

faithfulness......

Pushed myself today to get anything done....feeling "out of sorts", another introspective day. Was able to work in the dining room some and dust and purge through some of my things and decide what I will keep and what will go into the shop. I did some laundry and i'm all caught up with that. I just want to soak in the bath and wash my cares away...if only it was that easy. I woke early this morning and did have my morning devotional time...I came across the scripture in 1Cor1:9:..."God is faithful,by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord". My eyes feel upon...."God is faithful"....and that literally took my breath away... I KNOW this, but today I must have needed to KNOW and truly understand it..my heart burst with joy over seeing this...with new eyes, and then KNOWING it in my heart, that God is faithful not only to me but to all of my family. Here it is evening, and just writing this brings me back to tears...not tears of sadness, but tears of joy knowing that He cares for me...and in my life I have seen His faithfulness over and over again.....and now I can rest knowing that All is well, I hope that all is well with each and everyone of you, and may peace encompass you!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How wonderful it is. Yesterday, I took time out to read "my own" special piece of scripture - the Song of Moses. I took to my heart and spirit the part in Deuteronomy 32:10 saying it for me "He encircled her, he instructed her, he kept her as the apple of his eye." Like you and your experience of His faithfulness, I know that all is well, all manner of things are well.

Maggie Ann said...

What a blessed thing to have the assurance of God's loving provision for us 24/7. I love this truth too!

Miss Robyn said...

it is days like this, that I believe we have to pamper our soul. like the famous words of Desiderata - above all, be gentle with yourself. hugs to you sweet Mindy xoxo

Terri said...

Good morning, Mindy-

I hope that you're feeling better today. God is so wonderful and His Word is so very comforting. Isn't just amazing how many times you can read a certain Scripture passage and the Holy Spirit reveals something new to you each time you read it! I pray for God's blessings to be showered upon you today.

Terri

Amy said...

Very timely post Mindy! I"m feeling out of sorts too...