February 08, 2006

little corner of my home....



This is my "china cabinet". We purchased this years ago when we lived in Japan. This is called a tansu. Its a kitchen tansu used for plates, dishes and bowls. I love it becasue its old for one and another thing it doesn't have the ornate oriental look to it, its just very plain and simple which goes with any style of furniture! I have often thought of painting it, or tacking up some old wallpaper samples on the inside, but I always come back to leaving it the same way. The china was my godmother's wedding china, she gave me these when I was first married as well as her silver!! I was very fortunate to have her in my life, she taught me how to oil paint when I was 13 and have the painting still, that she helped me with. I love my roosters! Eventually the kitchen will be painted in the french country theme, rustic rich colors...in due time! I wanted to share a little bit of my home with you...hope you enjoy them!
I didn't get to the car dealership today nor to Crabtree&Evelyn, just didn't feel like venturing out, I will instead putter about here and there to satisfy my "nesting" urge for the day. But I will go to the website of C&E and purchase some pretties just for me!!
Have a wonderful day, and don't forget to take care of you too!!!

"Light tomorrow with today"
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

7 comments:

Peggy said...

I just love visiting your home!!!

melissa said...

What fun to see your photos. Thanks so much for taking the time..and that's not always easy to do!

Have a laid-back day, if you can!
Love to you!

Unknown said...

What a pretty cabinet. And I love the rose-patterned china you have, just lovely. Thanks for sharing :)

Terri said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your site. There really is a peace about your posting! I found it through the Homeliving Helper blog site.

Miss Robyn said...

Hi Mindy - thanks for the visit once again to my blog. Love the cabinet and how treasured that china must be xoxo

Kristy said...

Isn't it just lovely to own something and know it's story!The french country theme sounds gorgeous hope to see some piccies when it's done.Such a lovely post.Thanks for visiting mine.

Maggie Ann said...

Mindy, your china cabinet is lovely and the china is beautiful! I've enjoyed visiting...again..smile. How nice of you to put me in your sidebar links...Thanks!