January 27, 2006





WOW...what a week its been!!! Extremes across the board!!!
Been busy getting so deep cleaning done, some yard work done also. We have had hardly any rain, lots of wind though...and i'm forever raking leaves it seems! I have decided that i'm going to make a peaceful corner for me in my yard, just for me. Been working on it a little at a time and hopefully by spring i'll have it looking how I have it pictured in my mind.
Made a big pot of chili for dinner tonight, the kids went to the movies and didn't eat...so needless to say we have plenty of leftovers for the weekend.
Tomorrow i'm going on a hunt for some lovely little vintage finds at a local antique/junk shop, its always fun to go and see what is there. I bought some vintage hankies and a old sewing basket. The hankies I want to make into a valance for my bedroom, but need a few more and the sewing basket I have next to my side of bed with books inside.
I will start watching my grandson again on Monday, can't wait to see the little guy, he's getting so big!!
My husband has been doing so well with the change in lifestyle and diet, he has already lost some weight, and regained energy!!! Thank you Lord!!!
Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend with family, fellowship and fun!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3: 5-6
Oh what a promise this is!!!

1 comment:

Maggie Ann said...

Isn't it a good feeling to get lots accomplished around the house! Your hankie valance sounds really nice. Vintage things are lovely and unique and its good to be reminded that other people have travelled this life's path too and left the fruits of thier labor to be appreciated by us. Hope you have a blessed Lord's Day!