August 17, 2007

Making every minute count...










Summer is counting down despite the soaring temperatures here this past week. I have been trying to focus on the tasks needing to be done, but when its so hot you don't even want to move, this becomes rather difficult!!!


I enjoy the afternoons once the routines of the day have been done, I can grab a book, drink some blueberry iced tea and enjoy a few moments of peace and refreshment!


For today, I am focusing on our bathrooms, just purging and decluttering once again, laundry needing to be done, and just some fluffing of my nest!


The party last Sunday for our daughter Amie was just wonderful! Everyone had a good time, with plenty of food and conversation. Thank you for all your well wishes for her and celebrating with us! I have posted a few pictures from the party along with some of hubby on his new motorcycle!


Dear daughter has come up with a wonderful idea of turning our spare room into a study/gameroom/guest room! Both of the kids do need a place to study...and this will be perfect, while keeping their bedrooms free of school papers, books etc. Tomorrow she will start on this,and I will oversee the project! I can see a huge yard sale coming on the horizon!


With bills paid , breakfast done, I'm ready to jump into this day, pacing myself and relishing in the fluffing of my nest! I wish you a day of refreshing!! Blessings...




When the hornet hangs in the holly hock, And the brown bee drones i' the rose, And the west is a red-streaked four-o'clock, And summer is near its close-- It's--Oh, for the gate, and the locust lane; And dusk, and dew, and home again! ~Madison Julius Cawein~

8 comments:

Amy said...

Glad the party went so well! That's the one thing about summer is when it really heats up - the humidity is almost unbearable. Howz your garden going?

Terri Steffes said...

What a lovely quote! I too, am "fluffing the nest" some today and also working on a paper for college (Yuck) but I want to graduate so there it is, I have to do it.

Kelley said...

Hi Mindy,
Just wanted to come by and wish you a blessed week and let you know that I have been thinking of you!

It sure has been warm the last few days hasn't it?

savvycityfarmer said...

Yes, oh yes there is fall is in the air....usually I am not looking forward to this, but with the kind of summer we've had....weddings, showers, more weddings, travel out of state, HEAT, humidity and the like I am happy to be an empty nester for the first time. sigh

In one wek I am going through every closet and drawer in this old farmhouse and purging and pitching

DonnaB said...

I'm glad your family had a good celebration. I can't to wait to see your redone spare room.

Sharon said...

The party looks like it was a success and enjoyed by many. Good idea about the room......happy redoing.....

Maggie Ann said...

It takes a lot of special thought and planning to give a party...you did a wonderful job! The new multipurpose room sounds like it will be fun to plan out. Tomorrow I need to de-clutter. The older I get the harder it is to throw away notes & papers. I'm always leaving notes lay about. My pc table gets the worst of it with my poor memory...smile. It never complains though..as if it could!

TO BECOME said...

Sounds and looks like the party was lots of fun for your daughter and all those that were there. Hope you have a very happy tomorrow. connie from texas