July 15, 2007

A serene Sunday.....








These are just some of the pictures that we're taken yesterday. Nicholas our grandson spent some time with Grandma and Grandpa! We played outside a bit and then blew bubbles...he loves oranges as you can see! Our Son#1 and Daughter -in-law spent the night last night, it was a wonderful morning, waking up and the house stuffed with my family! Hubby and I started making blueberry pancakes, sausage, eggs and fruit! We all ate together and enjoyed the morning as it came. Hubby's friend came up to visit, soon they took off to go look at motorcycles....the kids packed up and left for home to get want needed to be done for the beginning of the week. Dear daughter spent the night with her friend at the beach. Son #2 ate then went back to bed to sleep before work today. I read a little of my bible this morning, and started to get tired....decided to get moving and get some things done. I grabbed my apron tied it on and started in. As I cleaned the kitchen ...I filled the sink basin with cold water and added some Eucalyptus and Lavender essential oils. The fragrance permeated the air and I felt rejuvenated! I loaded the dishwasher, wiped the counters down, started a load of laundry, and tidied up the family room. The A/C is turned on and now I'm relaxing for the day. A Victoria magazine and a few books are on the agenda for me today. The other pictures our of the laundry room. I hung a shelf found a a yard sale for 3.00...the picture, doily, antique bobbin, ribbon, little wire hearts and silk hydrangea I had already, so together they went to create this little vignette. My laundry room is in the garage, and while it must be functional, it must be pretty too. I have intended to paint it for some time, it one project that keeps getting put off. So until the painting is done...this works for me just fine. Takes a mundane task such as laundry and really makes it enjoyable for me!
This afternoon once it has cooled down some, I will turn on the water in the yard, watch the birds play in the birdbath, read a little, watch the hummingbirds drink their nectar, play with our dog a bit and just allow myself to be still and thank the Lord for all the blessings in my life.
May you have a Sunday full of serenity and sweet memories!! Blessings....

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you had a wonderful visit with the grand! BTW, I am a big Emilie Barnes fan (and of course, Victoria -- have you sent in your new subscription???).

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

I just read that same Emilie Barnes book (and passed it on to a friend). I have many of her books, too.

Also...a stack of Victorias purchased at the library sale.

Now there are likeminded bloggers. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your selection of reading materials! Thanks for coming by to visit my blog, Mindy! ♥

Farmgirl Cyn said...

Mindy...that laundry room would have to be mighty special to make doing laundry enjoyable!!! Yours looks like it just might do it!

DonnaB said...

Hope you enjoy your reads!

Lena said...

It sounds like a perfect weekend. Your grandson is sure a sweet looking boy.
I haven't seen that book either, but I'm going to look for it!
Best wishes!