May 05, 2007

Peaceful Saturday~

~A New Centerpiece for the Dining Room Table~

This morning Hubby and I went out to breakfast! We had a good time...enjoyed small talk and people watching.

We went on to Target to pickup some staples for the house....and then we came home and he announced that he is going to take a nap! I have started some laundry...tidied up a bit..and now enjoying some very beautiful music as I write this.

It is a lovely sunny day...blue sky and soft breezes! We are supposed to be having much warmer temperatures starting tomorrow...in the 80's!

I found some great items at the Thrift store on Thursday and will post some pictures as soon as I've starched and ironed them!

I had purchased 2 new rugs....one for the living room, and another for the family room...received them yesterday...and the one in the family room had already started to fray at the edge....they are gorgeous rugs...100% wool and looked to be very well made. Called the company and they will send UPS out to pick up the damaged rug and send out a replacement rug...for thankfully they still have them in stock!!! I was really enjoying the new rug...but it must go back and will wait for another one. The kids are camping this weekend. They left today with tent, cooler full of food, sleeping bags and firewood! They will have a good time!!

Our grandson will be spending the night with us tonight, and then off to church in the morning...grandpa and I are sure to have fun with him around.....he loves going outside to water the plants, play in the dirt...etc...he just loves the outdoors!

Well I must get back to taming the paper clutter here at the desk and finish up with the laundry. Enjoy your weekend, may it be peaceful and full of sunshine!

Blessings to you and yours....

5 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Sounds like a perfect day. It's good to have them!

Amy said...

Can't wait to see your finds! It's great your grandson loves being outside so much, my own children are the same. It makes such a difference than kids being inside sitting around all the time :-)

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Mindy, what a pretty centerpiece. I can't wait to see your finds.

I also wanted to let you know that I've tagged you for 7 things...stop by my blog to read mine!

DonnaB said...

Your centerpiece is lovely. If you're starching and ironing they must be linens. I can't wait to see them!

Kelley said...

What a beautiful centerpiece Mindy!