March 25, 2007

a lovely Spring evening.....


What a wonderful weekend I had! Our son and daughter in law and grandson came over yesterday and spent the day with us. Our Son helped Dad with the newest project...and new fence and gate for the side yard. Its starting to take shape and before long it will be finished! I will make a wreath to hang on the gate to welcome those coming through that area. After the men worked, I fixed BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, zucchini casserole, salad, and for dessert was ice cream. Our grandson played out in the yard, and helped me with watering...that was fun indeed as the little guy wound up wet!

Today went to church and it was a great service as always. Spent the rest of the day in the Master Bedroom.....going through my jewelry box, shoes, books and magazines. Dusted and did some detailed cleaning too. Our Dear daughter made Lasagna for dinner tonight, with garlic bread and salad! It was delicious!

This evening I will enjoy a good soak in the tub...and settle in with a good book. Tomorrow will come before I know it....so for now I rest. Blessings to you...


"Love is a flower that grows in any soil....blooming fair and fragrant all the year, and blessing those who give and those who receive." ~ Louisa May Alcott "Little Men" ~

6 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

Relaxation come tonight for me....too busy yesterday with yardwork....whew

Anonymous said...

Mindy, gentle spirited Mindy...I do so love you and your blog. While I do not know you deeply, your blog gives me a lovely glimpse of your heart!! So true in a world of untrues.

Love, Peggy from Home Made

DonnaB said...

I can't wait to see your new fence! Handy men make the best husbands don't they?

Susan P. said...

What a blessing it is to have wonderful family time together. I love the idea about putting a wreath on your gate to welcome visitors, you know how much I love wreaths;) Maybe you could show us a picture when it's done! I wanted to tell you that I think that Peaceful Corner is the perfect name for you blog because it is always so uplifting, spirit filled, and serene here. Big hugs to you, dear friend.

TO BECOME said...

Mindy, that is what I call a wonderful day!! Children are our blessings for sure. connie from Texas

Maggie Ann said...

You must be a wonderful cook! Everything sounds so good...