October 18, 2006

Morning thoughts...







Its a windy morning that I woke to today! We have an a antique pot belly stove on the back patio, and the smoke stack blew off with the winds! What a day thus far! I can hear the wind chimes outside, it is such a peaceful, pleasant sound too. So far this morning I've started made the bed, started the laundry, folded some clothes (still need to put them away), and made myself some breakfast-- Sausage, egg and some toast, alongside some vanilla creme coffee just delicious..... The day is unfolding gently, which I love! To many things pull at me throughout the day, and this is my time to spend getting focused and seeking direction for the days events from the Lord. When I give God the first fruits of my day, He gives me more day in which to accomplish the needs, tasks, and issues facing me...its truly amazing, the day runs more smoothly. Not to say that there aren't problems and things don't always go according to plan, but at least I attempt to remain focused on Him, and that to me is the most important! I'm putting together a holiday notebook, which keeps all my favorite family traditions and stories, recipes, shopping lists, menus,gift ideas, even a timetable to go buy! I have used it for the past few years and its quite a gem...I can take it with me wherever I go...its a blessing! I downloaded it from the FLylady website, and then just personalized it for our family. I am including the link in this post...http://www.flylady.netits has been a great help to me and thought I should pass it on to you as well...with the Holidays fast approaching we can be organized if we start early and prepare. Taking time for family and friends, and not be rushing about all stressed and tired. So I will be planning ahead thus able to enjoy the Season...celebrating and giving thanks to the Lord for all He has and continues to do, and celebrating the Birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! Enjoy your day today...make it count for Him in all you do!!

5 comments:

DonnaB said...

I agree...I can definitely tell a difference in the day when I give God the firstfruits of a morning and when I give him the last helping in the evening. I liked how you termed it "gently unfolding."

Tracy said...

Hi Mindy, I am creating a holiday notebook, too!

Sharon said...

You have a lovely post today and it makes us all stop and think about a good way to start a day. I love the idea of the holiday note book and will check it out. Thanks for all your up lifting ideas.

Farmgirl Cyn said...

I, too, find that when I give the Lord time in the morning, I am more apt to hear His voice through the day. Love the idea of a holiday notebook. Lots of things stored in my head that should get put down on paper. So much easier when I have a list!

Lori said...

Thank you for the nice post and the reminder to give Jesus a part of our day.