July 23, 2006

Summer rain~

We had quite a surprise yesterday afternoon...the skies darkened, the storm clouds gathered, we heard thunder off in the distance for awhile, and then we saw lightning...the winds started blowing enough to knock over one of my rose bush limbs....and then the rains came! What a beautiful display of nature and the power of God! We had our grandson yesterday, so we sat on the patio and watched the lightning. The high here yesterday was 113 degrees!! I was born and raised in Southern California, and I do not remember temperatures being this extreme for so many consecutive days! We are under and stage one emergency for power usage, and the power would surge off and on yesterday afternoon. I am so ready for the Autumn season!!! While I enjoy the carefree summer days, I relish in the Autumnal colors and textures, for its my favorite time of year.
So for now , we will stay cool as best as possible.....maybe even put the sprinkler on the roof of the patio to act as a mister....and cut off the a/c for a few hours today! For now though, I'm going to get ready for church service....in our new building!! Have a wonderful day...make some lemonade and relax on this, the Lord's Day!
Blessings.......

8 comments:

Debra said...

Oh!I'm ready for Autumn too! It's my most favorite season of them all.... :) Blessings, Debra

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Good rain..God blessed you on this HOT day!! Glad for you guys!!

Maggie Ann said...

Stay cool! Hope you had a good day this Lord's Day! The lemonade sounds refreshing. We are having a little bout with the stomach virus...not bad really but we will be glad when its history, thats for sure =)

Amy said...

Although it's late winter here I'm much the same as you, I absolutely love the autumn colours and the feeling is one of crispness in the air and much cooler temperatures...

Southerninspiration said...

Well, I must say I love this blog world, too, as I have been so inspired to come across some delightful godly women, and one of them is YOU! I am a friend of Belle Ah's and hopefully now I will be a friend of you. I am in Tx, and just returned from a visit to your wonderful state. We were further north, so the temps were fabulous and not nearly as hot as you're describing! I am inspired by your posts, and God's work in your life. I am a mom of three also, and it probably won't be too much longer (two or three years maybe) before I am a grandmother! I will check back often, as I loved reading what you've posted!

Suzanne

Susan P. said...

Mindy, 113degrees?? I had to do a "double take" when I read that. Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine how hot that must feel. Am so glad you were able to get some relief from the thunderstorm. BTW, you always have the most beautiful pictures on your posts, I really love them!

DonnaB said...

Wow...that's really hot. But you seem to have a really good attitude in spite of the heat...Good job! When I get hot and sweaty I get grumpy...guess I need to work on that!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

We are not nearly as hot as you, but I am still looking forward to the autumn months. "sweater weather" The hardest part is saying goodbye to the beautiful flowers. (and saying hello to the snow!!!)