July 12, 2006

Make yourself comfortable....




Just a few pictures of the projects that I have been working on for the past few weeks. This centerpiece was done in honor of the Summer season! I had some shells already and some homemade potpourri with Larkspur blossoms, purple and white statice, Yellow roses, white Hydrangeas and Lavender. I was able to find some packaged beach glass at the dollar store, and just mixed everything together along quite a pretty pale violet candle my sister gave me...add all this to the creamware compote I bought for 4.00 and Viola....instant centerpiece!
My china cabinet has taken on a new look as well for the summer months, I may even keep this through out the year though cause I really like the effect of it. I borrowed this idea from Clarice
thank you for the inspiration Clarice!!! :) I purchased some scrapbook paper and for about 5.00 I have a new look! The paper on the left side of the cabinet is a vintage rose pattern, and on the left is a pale yellow Toile. Its the little details in our homes that make it personal...getting inspiration for an idea then adding your own personal flair is what makes your house a cozy little home!

I'm finally feeling better...my energy is coming back very slowly. My immune system has had a setback, but i'm pacing myself everyday being careful not to overdue myself. My Husband has been pain free until a few twinges of pain hit him yesterday. We had thought that he might has passed the kidney stone...we still aren't sure. He is back to work now...and feeling well...Praise the Lord!!
I must get back to my daily routine. I wish you a wonderful afternoon and I will be posting later today as I have more to share. Blessings to you this day and may everything you put your hand to be pleasing in the sight of the Lord.




Why do we love certain houses, and why do they seem to love us? It is the warmth of our individual hearts reflected in our surroundings. ~T. S. Robsjohn-Gibbings

7 comments:

Angelena said...

What pretty centerpieces!! I love the vintage look of you china cabinet too!!
MrsAngelena

Amy said...

oooh I love your table and the little decoration in the middle, I use pieces of crochet like that on my dressing table - makes it look so pretty.

DonnaB said...

I've been missing you but glad you are feeling somewhat better. I love your projects...so pretty and elegant.

Terri said...

I love it, Mindy! It's so fresh and feminine! I am so glad that you're feeling better. I'll keep your husband and daughter in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is lovely! Thanks for commenting at mine and leaving your blogspot address so I could find you! I'll be visiting often. I LOVE your centerpiece! It's gorgeous! I am sorry to hear about your daughter and will pray for her quick recovery. And also for your husband. My dear man has suffered through many kidney stones. They are just the worst!

Susan P. said...

Mindy, I love the centerpiece that you made. It looks so pretty sitting on the crochet table runner. I have NEVER seen the idea about the scrapping paper as a backdrop in a china cabinet! I think it is one of the most ingenious ideas I have ever heard. I posted pics of my china hutch and I thought it looks so bland and boring, I am definitely going to be using that idea! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kelli said...

Your centerpiece is beautiful! Perfect for summer! The paper in your cabinet is such a great idea! What a nice touch!
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!
Kelli