July 21, 2006

God Bless Our Home~


I've been meaning to post since yesterday, but life has happened instead! Its been a hectic few days, and the weekend is now upon me. I've managed to continue with my daily routines, and even spent a little more time in God's word today! How refreshing that was, just what I need too...doesn't He always know what we need even before we do??
As I was watering the backyard earlier today, the water splashed up upon a little metal table and I saw a huge shiny black spider...yes you guessed it...a Black Widow!! I had my garden clogs on, and thought....the spider is going down..I hit him with my clog and that was it! It was well over 100 degrees today,and tomorrow we are expecting 107 of higher!! The power went out for about 30 seconds, just a little while ago...and then came back on...with this heat there is lots of demands for power all across the US.
A few days ago, right after Hubby and I had that awful flu, I was taking a box out to the trash, and as I was rounding the corner of the house, on the walkway was a snake!!! I stopped and carefully backed up, to hop up on the bistro chairs on the patio. The snake was stretched across the walkway, and by its coloring and markings it was a rattle snake, and a baby one at that!!
Our son was grilling at the time, and he slid open the sliding glass door and I asked him to get the dog inside as there is a snake out here....he said "WHERE"....I pointed and then he went to get his father. The 2 men looked out the window, while I was still on the chair!! Finally Hubby came out and hand a shovel, he said don't move for it is a rattlesnake, as He got closer it slithered away and went under the metal fence towards the creek outback! Needless to say...I do not like snakes or spiders at all! Its comical now, but at the time I was rather scared! All is Well!!
I had to run some errands out in town today, the big "W" store, the bank, etc.. bought the staples for the home. Felt good to get out and about, even though it was so hot! After coming home I felt as if I needed to bless my home....I went through each room and again asked the Lord to come and dwell in our home, and dedicated it to the Lord...asked His presence to habitate with us and that all who enter would feel His presence in our humble home, that we would have a quiet resting place and a peaceful habitation. I had some instrumental Praise and Worship music playing as I did this....it was so calming and peaceful, not that it wasn't before, but actually soothing!
This weekend I plan on hitting a few yard sales, if time allows, work on my household notebook, read, and relax! In this heat noone wants to get out and do much of anything! Whatever you do tomorrow...enjoy you time and stay cool!!
Blessings to you....

10 comments:

DonnaB said...

I don't like snakes either!

HomemakerAng said...

i also and NOT A FAN OF SPIDERS@!!!! but i would have fainted if I was near a widow one!

HomemakerAng said...

you can add me in... i stillhave not figured out how to do that on my site!!!!!

HomemakerAng said...

we are up way to late!!!!!!!!! it is 1119 pm here. nighty nite

Kelli said...

What a beautiful post! Well, except for the spider and snake. Ack!! I just love hearing about your day and plans. Your weekend sounds very peaceful and relaxing.
Kelli

Mrs. Melody said...

I know they are all God's creatures, but I don't want to play nicely with snakes and spiders either! Scary! Glad you weren't bitten.

I have never thought of praying over each room of the home and ask the Lord into it. What a wonderful idea.

Try to stay cool,
God Bless,
Melody

Dawn said...

I am not fond of snakes either...
Hope you find some nice things at the yard sales!
Good weekend to you...

Michelle said...

Snakes just plain ole' freak me out; Scorpions as well.

Do tell about your "household notebook". I would love to know about it.

Have a wonder filled day!

Anonymous said...

We've had a lot of snakes this year (have you seen the pic up today on my blog???), but no rattlers. There have been reports of them in the area, and the "dry" creek near us still has a bit of water in it from the heavy rains in January, so I'm cautious in the dry grass and pray that the Lord will protect my boys who run barefoot out there all the time!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Snakes well you know we should be scared of them because in the beginning Eve had a good run in with one if you remember. I think that most women are pretty frightened of them. Living here in the South East I have yet to see a really big one but am told they are everywhere here. It has been very hot here also. Everyday has been 100 at least. I hate this hot stuff but I stay inside and love the A/c. Thank good for Mr. Carrier who invented it in 1902!! Bless his wonderful inventive heart!!