May 15, 2006

housekeeping~


Its been a very busy day today. Had a lovely Mothers Day. We were gathered together and enjoyed some grilled tri-tip steaks and shrimp, it was delicious. The kids made the dinner, and we enjoyed each others company...what a blessing it was to have all of us together!!! My grandson is sick, he had been running a fever since last night, he went to the doctor and its a cold..but poor little guy was miserable. I was so thankful i had to be up at 430 this morning to take our youngest to work. I was able to get home and start my Monday routine of the "Weekly Home Blessing". I lite a few candles and got down to the tasks at hand. Loaded the washer and then quickly swept and mopped, then vacuumed following by a quick dusting, changed the sheets on the bed and aired out the feather mattress, then before I put on the crisp, clean sheets I sprayed some lovely lavender linen water. It smells so fresh and clean, can't wait to go and lay down, read some from my bible and fall asleep. I'm looking forward to finally getting some good sleep as the sleep over the past few days has been anything but restful! I have wrestled with family issues, and after much wrestling i'm find i'm tired and weary, run down...and finally realizing that i've been around this mountain one to many times and its time to let go again. But you can only let go of what has been revealed to you to let go. So after much struggling and denying, its time to let go of some baggage that i've been carrying around, some things I felt I could fix, come to find out I can't, its not for me to change, fix or carry! Family dynamics are something really...but all I know to do is to give this over to God, choose to forgive again, and walk in forgiveness, and look ahead, keeping my eyes focused on God and not looking to the left or the right, and of course, not looking back, can't go back...only forward momentum. But one thing I know for certain is that Gods grace is sufficient for me!

2 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

I love the days when I change my sheets and spray my lavender water - there is nothing quite like fresh sheets to snuggle under.
hope your little grandson is feeling chirpier - amazing how high those temps can go when they 'just have a cold' - ahh well, its the body fighting the bug.
love to you ms*mindy xoxo

Terri said...

Dear Mindy, this post was a blessing to me! Your willingness to share your struggle is an encouragment to me. "...but all I know to do is to give this over to God, choose to forgive again, and walk in forgiveness, and look ahead, keeping my eyes focused on God and not looking to the left or the right, and of course, not looking back, can't go back...only forward momentum. But one thing I know for certain is that Gods grace is sufficient for me!" So true! God had dealt with me on a similar issue and I was finally able to really turn it over to Him. Bless you!